Junior Commercial Officer at the Royal Danish Embassy in Tokyo
The Embassy of Denmark in Tokyo seeks a dynamic full-time Junior Commercial Advisor to join our existing trade council team of 10 trade advisors and assistants. The Trade Council in Japan is an integrated part of the Danish Embassy.
The Junior Commercial Officer would join a well-functioning commercial team. The role would with initial supervision of the Head of trade and Senior Commercial Officers to solve, promote and develop business opportunities in Japan for Danish enterprises through commercial activities. The focus will be broad across the areas of ICT, Energy, Health and Food-Agriculture. The position will give you a great opportunity to work within a range of different industries and build a strong base for you to specialize in certain industries or function as time progresses.
The Trade Council provides advisory services to Danish companies on a consultancy basis. The Junior Commercial Officer will have annual earning target.
Main job responsibilities
• Prepare market analyses, distributor searches and meeting programmes
• Be part of commercial projects and gradually develop own clients
• Organize and initiate commercial matchmaking activities and events
• Liaise with potential Japanese business partners
• Add value for Danish companies through close cooperation
• An exciting international work environment with tangible goals
• A chance to work with competent and competitive Danish companies
• Great possibilities for further developing sector specific competences
• Business travels to Denmark
• 40 hour work week, 4 weeks of vacation on a 2 year contract
• Salary based on qualifications
Professional and personal qualifications
You have a strong interest in developing business opportunities on the Japanese market for Danish companies. Furthermore, you:
• have 2-3 years of business experience and commercial knowledge of Japan/Denmark
• are dynamic, solution and quality oriented, and a good team player
• have a relevant university degree – preferably business related
• are bilingual in English and Japanese
• are outgoing and able to make new contacts to external partners
• are flexible and able to contribute on a broad range of the embassies tasks
• Knowledge of the Danish business will be considered an asset, but not a precondition
The Trade Council is a customer oriented trade and investment promotion organisation, part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The Trade Council creates results for companies through individual approaches based on the specific needs.
The Royal Danish Embassy works for the interests of Denmark in Japan and promotes cooperation between Japan and Denmark.
The new Junior Commercial Officer will take up position as soon as possible in 2017.
Please submit a motivation letter and CV in English to the Embassy of Denmark in Tokyo (firstname.lastname@example.org – marked “Application Jr. Commercial Officer”) no later than 23 January 2017. Only applications with motivated cover letter are taken into consideration.
Selected candidates will be asked for interviews in January/February 2017.
Embassy of Denmark, Tokyo
29-6, Sarugaku-cho, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-0033, Japan
Phone: (0)3 3496 3001
Fax: +81 (0)3 3476 4234