Skip to content


Shengen visa processing not done at the Royal Danish Embassy in Tokyo
Please be aware that the visa case processing for Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands) and Iceland in Japan, will take place at the Danish Consulate General in Guangzhou in China. However, for inquiries please refer to the VFS centre where you handed in your application. The Royal Danish Embassy in Tokyo is therefore no longer able to process Schengen visa applications that are handed in to VFS in Tokyo, Japan. The Royal Danish Embassy in Tokyo will not be able answer questions related to the processing time of Schengen visa applications, decisions and or complaints. Such requests should be addressed to VFS Denmark visa application centre or to the Danish Consulate General in Guangzhou. 

Danish Consulate General in Guangzhou contact information:
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +86 (20) 28297339. Phone hours: 02:00-03:00pm, Monday to Friday.

Submission of application documents and biometrics recording is outsourced to the Denmark visa application centre in Tokyo operated by VFS Global.
It is not possible to submit your application for visa to Denmark or Iceland at the Royal Danish Embassy or at the Danish Honorary Consulates in Japan.

Visit the website of the visa application centre for information about how to book an appointment, document check list and how to submit an application.

The application procedures are standardized globally. Therefore the required documentation can sometimes be difficult to obtain locally. In these cases the applicant should instead submit other documentation which fulfils the purpose of the requirement. Example: Japan does not have marriage certificates. If a marriage certificate is listed as a requirement, the applicant may instead submit a Japanese family register, along with an English translation and a brief explanation about the document in English.

Translation of Japanese documents into English
All documentation which is only written in Japanese must be submitted together with a translation into English. Unless specified in the instructions, applicants can provide their own translation. If the instructions specify an authorized or legalized translation, please follow the instructions under Legalisation.